ST.MARY, JAMAICA (SAD NEWS) : 37 y-o mother, Charla Thompson-Young and children die from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

BY RENAE DIXON Observer staff reporter dixonr@jamaicaobserver.com  Friday, February 05, 2016    
RESIDENTS of Three Hills in St Mary were left in shock yesterday after a mother and her two children were found dead at their home in a suspected case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

A family photo of Charla Thompson-Young along with her
 husband and children.
The bodies of 37-year-old Charla Thompson-Young, her 12-year-old son Brandon Young and her daughter Leslie-Ann Young, age four, were found at approximately 6:00 am by one of their relatives.
Residents told the Jamaica Observer yesterday that the family had resorted to using a generator after the electricity tripped out for several hours.
Relatives and neighbours who gathered at the home — where a strong smell of the fumes was still present — rued not having found out earlier that something was wrong at the house. Young’s sister-in-law, Phoenia Young, was especially sad — having aborted a plan to get something done at the Thompson-Young’s house at about 11:00 pm on Wednesday night.
“I have to live with that,” she said yesterday, noting that she was concerned about Thompson-Young’s husband of 12 years who was working overseas. He was expected to return to the island last night.

The generator which was left on in the family's house.
She said Thompson-Young and her children returned to the island last month after spending their Christmas vacation overseas.
“She was very quiet. She nuh trouble nobody. She was a family person, genuine,” said Young of her sister-in-law.
She said the children were very loving. Brandon was in grade seven at the St Mary High School, while his sister attended a basic school in the community.
According to Young, it was not the first time Thompson-Young was using the generator, but that it was normally placed outside.
“Maybe it was too heavy so she couldn’t move it,” Young theorised.
Other people said the woman probably thought it was safe to keep it indoors as it was in an area far from their rooms. more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts