Pope Francis Slams Hypocrite Christians, Suggests Atheists Are Better “Scandal is saying one thing and doing another.”



Pope Francis is lashing out at Catholics who live what he called a “double life” by not practicing Christian values.  He even suggested that atheists might be better than members of the faithful who don’t practice the tenets of their faith. 
According to a transcript posted online by Vatican Radio, the pontiff called it a “scandal” during his morning mass on Thursday: 
Scandal is saying one thing and doing another; it is a double life, a double life. A totally double life: ‘I am very Catholic, I always go to Mass, I belong to this association and that one; but my life is not Christian, I don’t pay my workers a just wage, I exploit people, I am dirty in my business, I launder money…’ A double life.”
Pope Francis
The pontiff said “many Christians” were living this double life.
“How many times have we heard ― all of us, around the neighborhood and elsewhere ― ‘but to be a Catholic like that, it’s better to be an atheist,’” he said. 
He gave an example of a Christian boss taking a vacation as his workers went unpaid — and issued a stern warning about where that will lead. 
“You will arrive in heaven and you will knock at the gate: ‘Here I am, Lord!’ ― ‘But don’t you remember? I went to Church, I was close to you, I belong to this association, I did this… Don’t you remember all the offerings I made?’ ‘Yes, I remember. The offerings, I remember them: All dirty. All stolen from the poor. I don’t know you.’ That will be Jesus’ response to these scandalous people who live a double life.” more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tessanne Chin's Husband, Michael Anthony Cuffe Jr Moves Out Of Marital Home

IN JAMAICA: MURDER-SUICIDE, Woman cop, 28-year-old Pagiet Davie among two killed in suspected murder-suicide...."She was a person who was determined; she loved life and she was goal-oriented"